Doctify knows the patient journey starts online. It is important that at each point of contact your potential patients get a positive impression of your practice and the information they need.
Utilising Google to Support your Online Reputation
Often, the first thing a patient does after receiving a referral, is Google your name. You need to ensure that patients have easy access to your information and booking functions.
Alongside your Doctify organic listing and personal website, you should also attract patients with a free Google listing which appears at the right-hand side of the Google search results (see example below). The information box, known as the Google My Business, allows patients to discover your contact information at a glance.
"Google My Business", or the "Business Panel", complements your existing Doctify profile and website by giving your business a public identity and online presence.
If you would like to learn more and read what Google has to say please visit Google My Business.
What Does your Knowledge Panel Do?
You can divide the benefits of Google My Business in two main categories:
- Maintain accurate information about your clinic immediately: advertise your location, opening hours, contact information, Doctify profile link & Doctify patient feedback.
- Attract new patients: improve how your practice appears online so new patients can find you and allow said patients to quickly and simply request an appointment via your Doctify profile.
Setting Up your Knowledge Panel
You can register your practice to a specific location and set up your Knowledge Panel in a very short period of time.
The free tool allows you to manage how your local practice appears in both Google Search and Google Maps - it relies on you having your practice registered to a particular address.
You can very simply sign up and you will receive a 4-digit registration code to the postal address which your practice or clinic is registered to. Alternatively, you can receive this code over the phone.
Once this is completed, you will need ensure that your panel is aesthetically pleasing, with images of yourself and the location and also includes all the relevant information patients require to visit you.
Knowledge Panel Features
- Appointment Listing: A direct link to your Doctify profile page where patients can request an appointment at your listed practices.
- Post Updates: Brief posts advertising your profile, website & clinic updates can be added to increase SEO and engage patients.
- Doctify Reviews: Your overall Doctify patient rating is visible at the bottom of your panel. As you collect more patient feedback via Doctify, Google will recognise this content and reflect within your panel.
Linking Your Knowledge Panel to Doctify
To receive the best possible benefit from Google My Business please share managerial access with the Doctify Team and we will be more than happy to complete setup on your behalf.
In order to grant access, log into your Google My Business account and select 'Users', you can then click the plus sign located on the right side of the pop-up and invite a new user.
When adding a user, please enter the email address firstname.lastname@example.org and choose the role 'Manager'.
Following this, our team will be prompted to accept your invitation and ensure setup is fully completed and optimised sufficiently.
Please click here to sign up for a Google My Business account and improve your online reputation today.